Over 60 years ago, two Dominican Fathers of the Central Province left the comforts of home and set off for Nigeria. They were now missionaries, the first Dominican missionaries to this African land, called to serve there by the Holy Father. Later, other Dominicans of the Central Province ventured to Bolivia. Both countries now sustain Dominican Provinces staffed by men who are native to these lands. Soome friars of the Central Province remain, many having served in these places for decades.
Your gifts to the St. Dominic Mission Society…
- Allow Dominicans to preach the Word to women and men thrilled by the very sound of it.
- Transform lives of people whom you will likely never meet but who will forever be bound to you in faithfulness and love.
- Provides invaluable assistance to local men who have begun their studies as Dominicans.
- Provides support to Dominican missionaries who long ago gave up what they know to serve the unknown.
- Provides food for the poor we serve, hope for the desperate we encounter, and joy to those who hear of the Love Word of God perhaps for the very first time.
In short, your gift to the SDMS brings faith, hope and love to a far away people who shall forever be indebted to you for your help.