Father Jordan Aumann, O.P. is an American Dominican from the Central Province. He has taught for years in Rome at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, and was a Consultor to the Sacred Congregations “for the clergy and Catechetics” and “for Evangelization.” Aumann is a renowned author and translator, and former editor of The Priest. He is also the author of Spiritual Theology (Sheed & Ward, London) and Christaina Spirituality in the Catholic Tradition (Sheed & Ward, London). His taped lectures on spiritual topics are available from Ave Maria Press. Fr. Aumann is presently stationed at the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, D.C.
His most recent publication is his translation of “When a Pope Asks Forgiveness. The Mea Culpa’s of John Paul II” by Luigi Accattoli, Pauline Publications, 1997.
- The Christian Laity
- St. Teresa’s Teaching on the Grades of Prayer
- Spiritual Theology in the Thomistic Tradition
- Ascetical Teaching of St. John of the Cross
- Louis of Granada: The Layman’s Theologian
- Asceticism and the Christian Life
- St. Augustine’s Theology of Ministry
- The Contemplative Dimension of Dominican Spirituality
- Toward a Definition of ‘Laity’
- Thomistic Evaluation of Love and Charity