October 1929 was a time when many in America lost hope. The stock market crashed and so much of what many had worked for was lost.
In the midst of these desperate times arose the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus, a testimony to its founder Dominican Fr. William Marchant’s abiding faith in the love and goodness of God even against all odds. This man’s faith drew the attention and prayers of thousands to the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus, set in an alcove of humble St. Pius V Catholic Church in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
Today, this Shrine and the five annual novenas to St. Jude ignite hope among thousands from around the globe. Prayer requests arrive daily by phone, in person, in the mail, and through the internet from faithful people seeking the intercession of St. Jude.
Your gift to the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus…
- Allows us to find those in need through our many on line and in print appeals.
- Gives us the resources to continue to reach out through the internet
- Provides resources to bring the Novena to St. Jude Thaddeus to places it has never been.
- Touches all of the work of the Dominican friars of the Province of St. Albert the Great.
- Provides essential dollars to support the education of Dominican friars in the Central Province.
The website of the Shrine: http://the-shrine.org/