A SPECIAL THANK YOU FROM FR. JIM MARCHIONDA, O.P.
“Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic.” (Luke 9:3)
The Dominican friars of the Central Province rely on God’s grace and generous people like you, allowing us to welcome new men into the Order, support our brothers in limited service, and engage thousands each week through our ministries. To make a gift today, simply visit our giving page or call 312-243-0011 and discuss your giving with Bob Dixon in our Office of Mission Advancement.
We know you support many wonderful people, places, and causes. The Dominican Friars of the Central, as always, thank you for the help you give year-round. Perhaps you will consider the following giving strategies helpful as we embark on a new year.
- TALK TO ANY FRIAR YOU KNOW ABOUT SUPPORTING THE 1216 ANNUAL APPEAL. Your unrestricted gift to this appeal supports the Province where most needed: our nearly $ 1 million investment in the lives and formation of novices and student brothers, the care of retired friars on limited service, and ministries in the Central Province where the faithful are abundant but resources scarce, to name a few.
- GIVE APPRECIATED SECURITIES with unrealized long‐term gains directly to the Province of St. Albert the Great. Gifting of this sort avoids the long-term capital gains tax, allows you to deduct the fair market value of the gift, and makes a substantial difference in the work of the friars. *
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR EMPLOYER’S CHARITABLE GIVING PROGRAM, an employee benefit often- overlooked. Enhance your gifts or make your giving easier to manage by exploring and taking advantage of your employer’s matching gifts or payroll deduction programs.
- RECOMMEND A GIFT TO THE PROVINCE OF ST. ALBERT THE GREAT THROUGH A DONOR-ADVISED FUND. Perhaps you make your charitable contributions through a donor-advised fund established at one of the many entities which manage these wonderful giving tools. If so, please remember the Province of St. Albert the Great as you make year-end recommendations.
- MAKE QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION (QCD) FROM YOUR IRA. For our friends “of a certain age (at least 70 ½),” this may be a perfect way to withdraw funds from an IRA without any tax consequences, support the friars and satisfy some or all your required minimum distribution. Remember, QCDs are limited to $100,000 this year.*
* Of course, always discuss complex gifts with your trusted financial advisor.